No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oh, The Places I've Been!

I've discovered some of the most interesting places tonight, all thanks, originally, to Alas (a blog).

Through "Blogs that link here," I was drawn into the world of the Pinko Feminist Hellcat. How could I resist a post title that included all the words, "fault," (either definition) "vagina" and "bitch?" Could you? Just reading her biography was enough to make me want to go back, and I will.

Reading her blogroll led me to Pandagon, but not before a detour through Jedmund's (it's emphySema that'll get you) old site to Blue Girl in a Red State. Another side trip found me, once again, at Shakespeare's Sister. Funny how often I wind up at sites that are part of the Big Brass Alliance, huh?

Anyway, the ultimate adventure tonight was finding my way from Blue Girl to StripGenerator dot com. This has got to be just about one of the coolest things I've ever found out there. You can go create your own comic strip! For all of us wannabe geeks, this is the brass ring. I don't have to pretend to know how to draw, don't have to conceive of backgrounds. I can choose my characters, create their identities and make them do and say pretty much what I want. A control freak's wet dream! And, no, I haven't yet played with it to the point of creating a strip but I sure know where it's at now.

I hope you have as much fun out there as I have this evening. Peace. Love. Women. All that jazz.

Technorati tags: blogging / feminism / humor / US politics

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

I am gonna go play with the stripgenerator ASAP. But firstly I wanted to ask our fledgling geek a question. How do I do a list on the side of my blog? I would like to send my readers (what readers Von? Cheryl and Jess?) to all the other illustrious chatterbox women in my life. And have no fucking idea how to do it. I also cant upload a picture for my profile as my pic size is too big. And I have no idea how to make that smaller? *******SIGH********

Love Yvonne

23/5/06 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl!

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the link.

Yeah, that strip generator is cool.

Maybe I'll play with it again~ thanks for reminding me.

:)

23/5/06 7:35 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey, Von...how about I try to do this via e-mail, Hon? I'll do it this evening (my time), okay? xoxox

23/5/06 11:38 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi, BG,

Thank you for dropping by here and for pointing me to the strip generator. I wish I'd found it earlier in the night...it was too late to stay and play. I'll be back to both!

: )

23/5/06 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home