No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ugh!

I worked a grueling stretch...five days/evenings out of the last six. I had Saturday off, big whoop, and spent all day recuperating from Thursday and Friday. Monday was the killer, though. They just kept pouring in. The natives in the waiting room were restless because there was no place to put them. The ambulances rolled in and out like caissons. I helped save a man's life and helped another make a loving and peaceful transition to whatever lies beyond. (It's okay. He was 95 and lucid up until the very end. He died very peacefully in a quiet, dimmed room with his wife of over 60 years at his side. Stopping extraordinary measures was his wish and his family's. May we all die like that.)

I totally pissed away the day today, my first off since the dreaded stretch. I went to therapy and tried to convince Rowena I'm doing well. I actually am doing well but she seemed to want a little convincing. Life is full and beautiful, even if a little lonely. Every day I feel more comfortable in my own skin and feel more liked by those around me. It seems the woman is just never satisfied, though.

So, I've prowled around a little bit tonight but have nothing momentous to report. Just a single, middle-aged grandmother making her way through the wee hours and into her own heart. What's not good about that?

I'll post more tomorrow, hopefully with wit and insight. I'll spew out more of my Radical Ideas for the Reformation of America. I will post more tomorrow, unless the undeniable urge to see the ocean overcomes me and I head to the beach. No Wi-Fi in OC, I'm afraid! Just sand and breeze and sun and salt air. Inhale deeply.

Technorati tag: life


5 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

See comment in last blog :) I put the comments together without meaning too. Sorry :)

Love Yvonne

1/6/06 7:21 AM  
Blogger Moley123 said...

My poor sweet Cher, wish I could of been there to turn your bed down, after your hard graft at work. Bless your little cotton socks.

1/6/06 7:40 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Awww, thanks, Penny. What I really need is someone with a cattle prod telling me it's time to go to bed around 1 AM. I was up until 5 checking out rental properties in Barbados! Woo-hoo! ; )

1/6/06 12:42 PM  
Blogger Nony said...

I vote for a little time seaside. That and a good night's sleep should wash away all the residue of your long work week. Sounds like you need it ~

2/6/06 4:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Funny, but I opted to stay home and get a few things done in the 90+ degree heat. It felt good, though. I've even begun planning a little trip to Barbados, providing I can get a passport in time, for some real beach time! I wonder how many books I can fit into a carry-on...

Thanks for stopping by! : )

2/6/06 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home