No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Testing my little drop-down text box

Hello there,

I am a fledgling computer geek. I have to keep typing in here to reach the bottom limit of my text box to see if the overflow will work. I just wrote this html tag for a drop-down text box for Blogger. I sure do hope this works. This was really fun. I like going to sites and picking up bits and pieces of what I can do then figuring out how to make it work here. I guess I haven't reached the lower limit of the scroll box, which is set at 100 px. I have, really, no idea how big 100 px is except that it must be 1/6th the width of this box, since that it set at 600 pixels. I want to reference something in a post but don't want it to be a mile long. I thought this was a good solution and have spent the past hour or so figuring it out. Look over to the left for the Red Burka button, a tag I created to link to Tennessee Guerilla Women, an organization I support.

I wound up changing the width to 475 px because it looked better and doesn't lead to a horizontal scroll on the page with my Google sidebar.

Oh, yes! I can't believe it actually worked! Time for me to go do a hoochie-coochie dance around the living room then finally write that post I've been thinking about.

Woo-hoo! I'm going to become a geek yet!

Congratulate me! ; )

Technorati tags: blogging / computing / life /

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Congratulations on nearing Geekdom ;-)

Even if I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I like drop down boxes as well, just not on my computer.... snicker. Sorry. No I'm not!

Aaarrgggghhh I'm confusing myself now :)

Love Yvonne

29/5/06 4:33 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

It's okay, Yvonne. I get the gist. You've now come to mess with me at my one refuge from teasers, too. There's nowhere safe.

; )

29/5/06 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home