No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Here's the Deal

If we've got to have Hillary in '08, can we please get someone else to dress her? Bill's obviously not doing a very good job of it.

Remember those hats from the 70's, the knit ones with the giant, plastic sequins sewn on them? Who decided it would be a good idea to recycle them? Please tell me this isn't going to be the new, hot trend, unless it's for a new micro-bikini. Now, two of those little discs, strategically placed...that, I could see.

Even the infamous blue, stained dress had to look better than this.

Can we say, "What Not to Wear?"

All kidding aside, this pic is from the Democratic Leadership Council's website. Funny, but the "New Democrat" Credo reminds me a lot of the GOP of old. Remember when we thought Newt was bad? Who ever thought we might look back, nostalgically, on those as the good, old days. The buffoons on the Hill now make Gingrich look like a proper centrist, don't they? And what I've seen of Hillary of late has me wondering how much further she has to go to meet Newt in the middle.

Technorati tags: bitchy / humor / US politics / women

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a yellow dog Democrat whose worst nightmare is Hillary versus Condi. For the record, I covered the Nixon impeachment proceedings for one of the nation's leading newspapers (not the Post). And, dare I say it, Nixon's not looking too bad these days. It would be marvelous to impeach Bush, but then we have Cheney. And if he were gone, we'd have Hastert.

The nation is in dreadful shape, as you are so clearly aware. Notwithstanding the polls, I'm not entirely certain that the citizenry has the will or the understanding to effect the changes necessary to place us on the correct course, whatever that may be at this point. Yes, I wouldn't at all mind seeing Al Gore in the White House, or Bill Richardson or John Kerry or even Joe Biden. But even then I wonder if our political system is so rife with rancor that we'll recover in the next decade; certainly it'll be tough for whoever is President next to undo what's been done.

I take solace, however: I was fortunate enough to cover Washington when the likes of Proxmire, Mansfield, Dirksen, Scott, et al were there. Those memories of sharp policy driven legislation give me some hope that there'll be a new cycle one day. Further, we are, after all, a young nation, relative to Western Europe and still have much maturing to do.

Keep it up.

Refugee from Reason

27/5/06 2:24 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

WOW!

What a lovely comment for you to get Cher :)

I'd love to say something poignant or relevant. But I just don't understand politics at all and I dont think I ever will.

And the politics of another country? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT Like I have a chance at understanding

PMSL

Love Yvonne
P.S I may not get it, but I still come and read it :)

29/5/06 4:36 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Von...here's US/Aussie Politics in a nutshell...

John Howard = George W. Bush = bad.

; )

29/5/06 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home