No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Soon, I'll be on my Way!

To Barbados, in the sunny Carribean!

Thursday evening I was hit with the sudden inspiration to plan a trip to Barbados on my upcoming vaction. I had asked for a late May vacat., figuring I'd visit the Grandboy, but my boss never submitted it. So now, I have an arbitrary week off in late June (meaning two weeks, when you work twelve-hour shifts! : ). What better way to put it to use than to find a sunny, warm (but not hot) white-sand beach to bum around on?

So, passport office, here I come! I have my photos all ready. I've never had a passport and am actually quite excited about getting (and using) one. My flight (all First Class or Business class...all the way!) is on hold and I have until 11:59 Tuesday evening to purchase. I even got the same window seat for all four flights so I can get blasted on the way home and completely annoy my seatmate!

If I'm annoying enough, I just might get a whole two-seat row to myself! Now, that's a plan!

Sent my deposit down for the lovely, little pastel-colored cottage by the sea. The beach is just beyond the patio wall, with crystal-clear aqua water just beyond that.

A lounger, a beach umbrella, several mojitos and several more good (or trashy and fun) books and I'll be in heaven for 10 days!

Be jealous! ; )

Technorati tags: life / middle-age / self-awareness

6 Comments:

Blogger Moley123 said...

OMG this is your first passport? What the heck have you been doing girl.

And I intend to decline to be jealous (okay I'm having to put on foundation for the first time ever to hide the green tinge!)

As you have so much time to lounge about maybe, just maybe I'll get a postcard! Mind you as I'm still waiting for the birthday card (no bitterness here... yeah right)perhaps this will arrive in say 2010? ROFLMAO!

We will of course expect photographs of the beach etc. Oh and some of you on it too! I can just see you in a pink tutu sytle bikini! lol.

5/6/06 5:27 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Dragon-mum is unable to comment today due to being sick with envy and suffering froma severe bout of prolific swearing. Please check back agin tomorrow :) Thank you

Have a ball and send me some pics when you get home hey?

Love Yvonne

5/6/06 8:50 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Very first passport. You forget, Penny, that the US is big enough I could travel for a lifetime and not leave the country.

Hey, you'll all get your packages and cards eventually. And maybe I'll have time to actually send a postcard FROM Barbados...ice cold mojito melting in the glass on the table next to me, sun beating down through the umbrella, me up to my neck in books I want to read. I'll snap my fingers and instruct my 'beach boy/boi' to make a run to the PO. Yeah, maybe.

Photos will be coming, folks, maybe also from the beach, if I decide to take the laptop, which I probably will!

(Cheryl walks away, trying not to puke over Penny's green colour and step into Von's pile o' puke)

5/6/06 9:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Definitely jealous.

5/6/06 10:33 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm not jealous. Not at all. What's there to be jealous of? Oh forget it. I'm jealous.

5/6/06 2:23 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, all! It's good to know others will envy me on the beach with some sickeningly fruity rum drink. Should Rum be capitalized in Barbados?

5/6/06 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home