No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Is it Just Me?

I try not to buy into conspiracy theories but it seems awfully coincidental to me that the US should happen to discover and kill Abu Musab al-Zarqawi at such a politically expedient time. The current male resident of the White House's popularity numbers have never been lower. Both houses of Congress look forward to what promises to be a grueling general election a few months from now which threatens to tip the balance of power from the wayyyy right tilt it's been sporting for over a decade.

Mighty convenient, is all I can say.

Technorati tags: US politics / world politics

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe Oswald acted alone. And, I've to take the Zaqawi action for just what it is and I find it remarkable that we actually had intelligence that worked. Even more remarkable was the technology involved.

All of that said, I'm not at all certain that (a)it has any positive impact on the war in Iraq; (b)most of this nation really cares; and (c)we won't see a continued increase in bombings as a result.

At the end of the day, my view is that we involved in a civil war that we're not going to influence, blah, blah, blah...you've heard it all before.

The real question is: Where's the true outrage in this nation.

10/6/06 9:36 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Maybe I give the intelligence community too much credit and this was just a 'lucky' coincidence. I just find it hard to believe no one (read: US military or intelligence) knew where this man was all these months, or that no one knows where Bin Laden is now. But then, maybe we're not tapping phones overseas.

As for Zarqawi, I don't think his death will improve anything in Iraq. I'm sure there are dozens willing to take his place. And now we've gone and made him a martyr and handed him his 72 virgins.

As for the Iraqi people, it seems to me they must be suffering from battered spouse syndrome, first suffering under Sadaam then the invasion and US occupation, then the terror of the insurgency. I think I would cease caring after decades of not knowing when the next blow was going to fall or from which direction. So they just lay low and stay quiet, trying to draw as little attention as possible.

Sad.

10/6/06 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home