No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Monday, June 05, 2006

First Times

Just a quickie...I really should be out with the dog right now then in the shower for work. Yes, this is my first passport. What can I say...I lived a sheltered, fearful life. It's taken me until my late 40's to realize that I'll be safe, that I can travel by myself. Up until last summer, I'd never taken a long road trip alone, then I drove 7,000 miles and saw half the country in three weeks. Now I've determined that I will be okay flying away for vacation to somewhere I've always wanted to visit. The most dangerous thing I can envision is having to beat off the beach boys with a stick. They're sure to be salivating over a reasonably attractive, middle-aged American woman vacationing alone.

Anybody got any effective repellant for this?

Feeling better about oneself is the best revenge!

Technorati tags: life / self-awareness

3 Comments:

Blogger Nony said...

Go, enjoy! Wouldn't it be a shame to leave this world, having seen nothing more of it's farthest reaches but pictures in magazines and on the tv? And, I tell you what...you sound like a very smart woman. I believe that traveling will give you no challenge you cannot overcome! :)

6/6/06 3:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Gee, thanks, Kim! I think I will!

: )

6/6/06 8:12 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

No! "Marry me, Handsome" is what I'm most afraid they'd respond to! ROFL!

9/6/06 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home