No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Monday, June 05, 2006

First Times

Just a quickie...I really should be out with the dog right now then in the shower for work. Yes, this is my first passport. What can I say...I lived a sheltered, fearful life. It's taken me until my late 40's to realize that I'll be safe, that I can travel by myself. Up until last summer, I'd never taken a long road trip alone, then I drove 7,000 miles and saw half the country in three weeks. Now I've determined that I will be okay flying away for vacation to somewhere I've always wanted to visit. The most dangerous thing I can envision is having to beat off the beach boys with a stick. They're sure to be salivating over a reasonably attractive, middle-aged American woman vacationing alone.

Anybody got any effective repellant for this?

Feeling better about oneself is the best revenge!

Technorati tags: life / self-awareness

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Go, enjoy! Wouldn't it be a shame to leave this world, having seen nothing more of it's farthest reaches but pictures in magazines and on the tv? And, I tell you what...you sound like a very smart woman. I believe that traveling will give you no challenge you cannot overcome! :)

6/6/06 3:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Gee, thanks, Kim! I think I will!

: )

6/6/06 8:12 AM  
Blogger kit_cat2005 said...

Repelant for the guy's is easy DONT SHAVE pmsl
Failing that as soon as you see them starting to dribble run over and say MARRY ME HANDSOM and they will stick there tongue back in their heads and take off like their butts are on fire....lol

9/6/06 8:01 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

No! "Marry me, Handsome" is what I'm most afraid they'd respond to! ROFL!

9/6/06 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home