No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Friday, September 22, 2006

Still Alive

It's been a very busy week. I've spent a lot of time at The Hospital Around the Corner orienting to my new work environment. Although this is a new job at a new place for me, I'm already done with my orientation. The hospital is within the same health system as my last employer and policies and procedures are very similar, many of them used system-wide. My preceptor has been extremely bored this week and claims I'm the easiest orientee she's ever had. No, she didn't mean in that way.

I already know many of the medics who bring patients to us via ambulance and have seen many familiar faces from my old hospital. That's very nice...it's kind of a connect with some old friends without having to deal with the chronic burnout and chaos of the last place.

I'm happy here so far and haven't bumped into any personality yet which really bristles. That's a big positive.

I'm spending the day with a former colleague today, working on a project that will soon be moving forward at my old place, because that's just the kind of wonderful person I am. I'm under no obligation to do this but want to see that project implemented in as positive a way as possible, so I'll help out. Then tomorrow it's off to kayak at the Jersey shore, though I've decided to stay home tonight and sleep until I wake up then catch the afternoon rather than the morning tide. Yeah.

I have decided that working day shift is not for me. Next week I begin my usual shift. Though it will be five days a week, it's only eight hours a day so I expect to catch up on many of the great blogs I've been missing out on the last few weeks and offer up my own scathingly witty commentary here once again.

Happy weekend, folks!

tags: bitchy / life / nursing / work

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is that like The Little Shop Around the Corner. All the best in your new venue.

22/9/06 9:59 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

(((cher))) Glad to hear you are settling in well and that all is going well. I hope you had a wonderful sleep and recharged your batteries so you can go kayaking.

Give Sadie a belly rub for me :)

I havent written another post yet. The jumble in my head is annoying and I need to sit and write it ALL down before I go insane.

Talk soon.

Love Yvonne

22/9/06 6:14 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Refugee: Exactly! And thanks for the kind wishes!

Von: The meeting with the ER doc took longer than expected and requires a little computer work this evening so it's the afternoon high tide for my kayaking tomorrow. Just as well...I can sleep in a bit then!

xoxox

22/9/06 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home