No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Saturday Night Links of Laziness

Believe it or not, I don't have much to say today so I'm going to surrender to my reticence and simply post some notes about the 'places' I've been recently:
  • Empowerment4Women is a great site which enjoys as one if its claims to fame the contributions of the dashingly handsome and painfully brilliant Bryan McKay of Les Faits de la Fiction. Check out this list of blogs!
  • Somebody (who, I canNOT remember) pointed me in the direction of a hilarious article in which Steven Wells chronicles the pitfalls of a Brit trying to wrangle the health care system of my, fair "hometown" city, Philadelphia...the City of Brotherly Love. Enjoy, please, his Patient From Hell story, The English Patient, from Philadelphia Weekly.
  • Sunshine Industries has a pretty collection of handmade cosmetic jewelry. Much of it isn't my style but I've seen a few things there I like, including a baby bracelet I could get for Brendan. The photo on that page shows the bracelet with my dog's name on it...that's got to mean I should buy one from them.
  • Bryan McKay again (I think?) led me, through the comments, to the uproarious Boudica of Suburbia, a hilarious superhero you simply must check out.
  • Boudica led me to Bitch Club. Yes, it is what it sounds like. Love the fact they're at "amscray.com." I don't think I'm quite up to their caliber yet but I'm working on it!
  • My site meter sent me to my new best friend, at Nine Pearls. A rich yet delicately beautiful site provides the backdrop for some of the most stunningly intelligent and bitingly witty writing I've ever had the pleasure to read in the 'sphere. Three cheers!
"Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!"
  • Maybe Nine Pearls is where it all started several nights ago, I can't recall. But somehow I wound up Her Milfesty, Mistress UberMILF. I swear, I don't know how it happened. I'm not "that kind of girl." Okay, maybe I am but I still don't remember how I got there. Read her! She's hilarious!
  • Finally, I found some wonderful items of interest on Being Amber Rhea. I even managed a mention! Now haven't I just died and gone to heaven, again! Check out the 21st Carnival of Feminists, hosted by Amber. Sex-positive feminism, male allies of feminism, sex-negative feminism, middle-aged feminism (that would be me). Read the rest of her while you're at it. She's worth the trip.
I hope you find something that interests you. Enjoy!

tags: blogging / feminism / humor / isms / life

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo. Great photo of Bryan!

20/8/06 8:01 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Who knew he could grow such a beard? (I can't help myself teasing him ...he's younger than my kid!)

20/8/06 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliments! You're quite Huzzah-able yourself!

28/8/06 6:16 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Well, thank you very much, Ma'am! It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. ::touches brim of baseball cap::

28/8/06 10:05 PM  
Blogger boudica of suburbia said...

Hello! This remind me that I need to start linking again, I've just been posting rubbish for ages! Thanks for the link. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense

6/10/06 6:33 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Nah, it made perfect sense, Boudica. I went through a few weeks recently where I couldn't post anything but crap...writer's block, I think.

Thanks for stopping by and you're welcome. I'll have to get back over to your place...I had fun there!

6/10/06 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home