No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I Have Died and Gone to Heaven!

Yes, it's that good.

In checking to make sure my tags worked (See how it pays to be a diligent and courteous blogger?) I found the most amazing sexuality link. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a spiritual person. I've half hung onto the religious conversion afforded me in 1976 by Christ and the fundamentalist Christian community I interacted with then. Although my firm idea of what God and Christ may be may have evolved over the past 30 years, the fundamental belief has never left me and I strive to live my life in a Christ-meets-George-Carlin-like manner. God loves me despite my gutter mouth.

Anyway, "sexuality" on Technorati led me to "sexuality and religion" which is where I found the Rev. Debra Haffner. Is this an amazing woman or what? Rev. Haffner crafted this:


The above is the Religious Declaration on Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing. Read it...it's fabulous. Why can't the entire world have this attitude? I don't mean a Christian attitude, but a moral and open and accepting one. You could be Buddhist, Muslim, evangelical Christian, Catholic, Sikh, or The Plain People, I don't give a shit. (Though, if you're Amish, should you be reading this?) Let's just live and let live! I promise not to convert your daughter to "Lesbianism" (capital "L") if you'll just keep your nose out from between my thighs unless invited, okay?

::breathes deeply, exhales slowly::

If you have any interest in the interconnectedness of sexuality and spirituality, I recommend a look-see here, at the Religious Institute on Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing. You can also find some very interesting thoughts on Rev. Haffner's blog, Sexuality and Religion: What's the Connection? Wish her a happy hundredth-post while you're there.

Did I miss out on another party opportunity? Just counted 'em...nope!

tags: Christianity / faith / life / religion / sex / sex-positive / sexuality / sexuality and religion / sexual orientation / spirituality

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home