No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

What to Make of This?

I got an e-mail the other day from the owner of the Nectar of Life Coffee Company desiring a link to his site on my blog here. Has anybody ever heard of them? I never have. I made up my list of fair-trade suppliers of various sorts, mostly coffee, a couple of months ago following a really interesting web cruise. I don't remember seeing a Nectar of Life. Or I saw it and passed it over for some reason.

I took note of the fact that they
will donate $1.00 to Catholic Relief Services for every bag of Nectar of Ice sold!
I don't know what that means. I've never had anyone contact me asking for a link before. I'd be more than happy to provide it if I could learn a little more about the people behind the company. I don't shop at Wal-Mart of JC Penney's or drink Coors because of their very right-wing or anti "social justice for all" political leanings (and, for Coors, because it tastes like piss water).

Any info anyone might have would be appreciated. I don't care a whit about exchanging links but do want to make sure I'm not helping bolster the 'enemy' in doing so.

And, yes...I know Catholic Relief Services does a lot of good work.

tags: bitchy /
civil rights /coffee / economic justice / fair trade / skepticism / social justice / US politics

P. S. Does anyone know if a backspace key can be reaffixed to a laptop keyboard? Mine just broke off! Lol! Add humor and life to those tags.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Coffee issue: I don't respond to things like that. Backspace key: eBay, or the manufacturer (had it happen once and was able to get a "Q."

14/8/06 8:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, RfR. I've decided against the site.

I wish it was as easy as Wheel of Fortune..."I'd like to buy a backspace, Pat?"

15/8/06 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home