No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Few Good Sites

Thanks to Lingual Tremors for the link to Bitch | Lab, "where the lefties and feminists have dirty minds, too!" Sounds like my kind of place. I never have understood the need to divorce oneself from being very sexual in order to toe the feminist line. Hell, feminists have needs, too.

On a completely different note, I send my kind regards again to Sandra at
Forgiving Nature, this time for the link to The Loom, a great blog on all sorts of things that turn on science geeks like me. Links to interesting articles, a la Red Orbit Blog...another favorite. The Loom is part of a larger project of science blogs called, well, ScienceBlogs. ScienceBlogs looks like it will take you as deep as you want to go, to mix a couple of messages from this post.

ScienceBlogs led me, finally, to Seed magazine. You can subscribe to the hard copy or peruse the website, which is jam-packed with interesting science articles.

Enjoy.


Technorati tags: bitchy / feminism / health and science / life / sex-positive / sexuality / US politics / women


2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Thanks for the link, Cheryl! I actually subscribed to SEED yesterday! I love science too. In another life I would have been a full blown geek for sure. Alas, I found myself on a different course. So now I am enjoying nurturing one of my kids' developing passion for science.
Take care!

30/6/06 7:18 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

My pleasure, Sandra. You're a pleasure to read!

I recently filled out one of those e-mail 20 questions things friends annoy each other with. One of the questions was, "What did you want to be when you were little?" My response, "A scientist."

I sometimes wonder how different my life might have been if I, rather than my older brother, had gotten that chemistry kit, Christmas of '62.

A doll and cradle. What's a future dyke need with dolls and cradles? Thanks God She knew better and gave me a rough-and-ready boy to raise rather than a prissy girl!

Everything for a reason, I suppose, though I still wonder what I might have done...

Thanks for stopping by!

30/6/06 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home