No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"See Dick Run..."

Via the Tennessee Guerilla Women, one of my favorite online sources, I found this in The American Prospect, by way of a detour at We Move to Canada. It's an article by Robert Kuttner about who really runs the country...the current male resident of the White House or Dick Cheney. We Move to Canada reportedly has excellent resources for any who are seriously considering the switch. It's prudent, I think, to bookmark the site, just in case. You never know.

It's frightening when you add all these things up...this article, the connections between Cheney and Halliburton, the oil baron connections, the video I found on thefreeslave a few weeks ago featuring the impassioned, enraged plea of a mother who lost her child on 9/11. It all fits.

So why is the mainstream media so averse to looking more closely at Cheney? Why don't we read about these things in places other than left wing sites on the web? I just don't get it. What happened to the days when journalists salivated like Pavlov's dog at the prospect of a Watergate-esque story. Here it is, lying just beneath the surface and it's overlooked like a legless homeless man.

Once an objective media is gone, is there really any hope left for democracy in America?

tags: conspiracy theory / media / US politics

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

We Move to Canada...bookmarked in two places. Good site, as you said, lots of legwork already done, just in case. As a child I lived in Canada for several years. Every time I cross the border as an adult, I feel a sigh of relief. It's hard not to crave that feeling once in a while.

29/8/06 10:22 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I don't know that I've ever felt that security in a place since I was a child. And my old city is the crushed shell of what it was then.

Maybe I could recapture that in Canada!? Ohhhhh, CANADA!

(Keeping my options open ; )

30/8/06 2:24 AM  
Blogger laura k said...

Thanks for the link, Cheryl. Canada is here for you when you're ready.

30/8/06 10:48 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thank you, L-girl, for doing so much of the work for us already. I've now got your site permanently attached here for easy, future reference.

: )

30/8/06 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home