No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Compassionate Redneck Redux

I found a comment somewhere in the blogosphere last night from someone who claims to be "Princess's Secret Admirer," or some such nonsense, which links...ta da, here. As a result, I felt the need to add a few disclaimers...
  • I live in eastern Pennsylvania and have no real interest in Texas politics, aside from the sideshow factor. You've got to admit, this race is a hoot from a distance.
  • I live in eastern Pennsylvania and have no real knowledge of Texas politics. I've got enough of my own problems right here at home.
  • If Jesse "The Body" Ventura can be elected governor of the state of Minnesota (by the way, Minnesota is, I think, where I'd like to make my next roadtrip), why the hell shouldn't a secular Jewish, singing cowboy, redneck, comedian, author, see-gar-puffing Independent run for the top spot in the great state of Texas?
  • I really know very little about Kinky's stances on the issues. As I said above, I have enough pressing problems right here in PA to occupy my political interest and time.
  • For all I know Kinky Friedman could be a "bomb-all-the-brown-folks, destroy-the-environment-for-a-profit, build-a-big-stupid-fence, money-is-the-true-god, rob-from-the-poor, give-to-the-rich, fuck-with-the-womenfolk, grab-all-the-power" right-wing asshole. In other words, a typical Texas politician, if recent history is to be believed. I don't care because it doesn't really matter to me...I live in eastern Pennsylvania and have my own issues to deal with.
  • My posts about Kinky have been for his novelty factor and nothing more. If you want serious commentary on the Texas gubernatorial race, you'll have to look elsewhere. And you'll have to find that link yourself. As I said, I live in eastern Pennsylvania where we have our own asses, erm, axes to grind.
I apologize to my secret admirer. Damn, first time in my life I get a secret crush and I have to go burst their bubble, huh?

**No Ordinary Princess (TM) does not endorse any candidate in the 2006 Texas gubernatorial race. However, No Ordinary Princess (TM) is intrigued by the race and by Kinky Friedman in particular. All commentary about the race on this site should be considered bullshit, unless otherwise specified.**

Kinky Friedman for Governor?

Why the hell not?

tags: bitchy / blogging / humor / Pennsylvania politics / Texas politics / US politics


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The closest I've ever been to Texas was a 45-minute layover on a trip to Denver, but damn do I love me some Kinky!

27/8/06 9:07 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Isn't it a hoot? Almost makes me think Houston or Austin wouldn't be so bad.

28/8/06 12:44 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, yes. You've had your own political drama recently, Bryan, though you at least had a viable option as a candidate. I wish I lived anywhere but PA this year.

28/8/06 12:59 AM  
Blogger TheLongHaul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/9/06 10:16 PM  
Blogger TheLongHaul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/9/06 10:19 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I watched the whole Santorum-Casey debate and will post on that later. Thanks for your sympathy. It's not easy living in PA right now.

I'm sorry I waded into the whole Kinky Friedman debate. I did it purely for its novelty value, not because I understand anything about the man and his politics. I can imagine how angry I would be if there was someone portraying himself as an alternative in the PA Senatorial race while draining votes away from more viable candidates (though it's hard to find anyone viable for Senate in PA this year).

I'll probably post once more about Kinky, just to set the record straight and, hopefully, will not get the comment spam I've been getting from his supporters.

Good luck! I hope you are satisfied with the outcome of your gubernatorial election.

4/9/06 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home