No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Monday, July 03, 2006

Late Night Drunken Post

Well, I've completely dillied and diddled the 3rd of July away...and had a great time doing it. It's been Indulgences Day here in my small corner of southeastern PA. I have to do that every so often and have done it twice since I returned from Barbados. This is where I'd like to stay next time, maybe next spring. I'd love to talk some internet friends into meeting up there and partaking of the island and the pleasure of each other's company for a week. If not, I'll go back by myself or with a friend. In that case, I'd like to stay here.

I had gotten into a lot of bad habits before I left for my trip. I guess it was one of those psychological lows I experience before I have a period of tremendous growth. I'd been staying up way too late, often until 5 AM and, occasionally, even later. Don't worry about the physical toll. I was a night nurse (7 PM to 7 AM) for almost 20 years and sleeping during the day is no problem for me, with my bag of day-sleeping tricks.

I had not been cooking for myself but depending on my local diner or take-out/delivery place. In Barbados, I bought many yogurts, lots of fruit and delicious local food. I'm planning tomorrow to create Bajan fish, assuming I can find the fish and the fresh herbs. I'm also going to pick up some La Yogurt, at which I've always scoffed, Dannon girl that I am, to start eating breakfast on my work days again.

In Barbados, I got used to dropping off to sleep at reasonable hours like 10 or 11. I began waking up earlier as a result, often 6:30 or 7 AM. One night, I stayed up all night and watched the dawn break over the island, which happens very early compared with the east coast of the United States. The Bajan sunrise is oh, so much slower and more sensual. The crows of the local roosters only add to the beauty.

I swam at least 3 or 4 times a day, particularly enjoying my late evening floats, staring at the strange stars. I walked to the stall "two minutes away" for my local food. Altogether, between the improved diet and increased exercise (some of it very lengthy and aerobic in nature) I probably dropped ten pounds while on the island. I'd put five back on by the end of my weekend's work. (I only weigh myself at work and only out of curiosity.)

I swam at least 3 or 4 times a day, particularly enjoying my late evening floats, staring at the strange stars. Altogether, between the improved diet and increased exercise (some of it very lengthy and aerobic in nature) I probably dropped ten pounds while on the island. I had put five back on by the end of my weekend's work. (I only weigh myself at work and only out of curiosity.)

Well, I got back and did pretty well my first few nights...in bed and totally sacked out (better living through chemistry) before 2 AM every day. Then the necessity to earn a living intruded itself back into my life and I worked all the holiday weekend. I had a great weekend at work, spending one entire 12-hour day with one of my favorite Team IV doctors during which diagnosed at least 9 or 10 fractures and I got to look at and play with loads of interesting x-rays.

Still, I needed an all-nighter (of a different sort from those on the island). Last night I was up until 5 and didn't get motivated to move out of the apartment until 2 PM! I had a favorite lunch burger at my diner then came home and started imbibing. I used to be afraid I'd follow in Dad's footsteps if I ever exposed myself to alcohol too much. I've since discovered that I don't have whatever Dad, both his sisters and his father carried around with them...the predisposition to alcoholism. I don't like the taste of alcohol very often, except for some good beers and ales and certain mixed drinks. Today's heat meant it was definitely a beer day, which I filled quite nicely with Smithwick's Irish Ale, my current favorite.

I drank quite a few and maintained a nice, even feeling throughout the evening as I spent a lot of time at Hedonistic Pleasureseeker. I think I'm in love. This woman is smart, sexy, drop-dead gorgeous (from what I've seen of her) and a free spirit. I wonder how many years of therapy it's taken her to get here?

Tonight, I had promised myself an early night. It's not exactly early at 2:30 AM, but I'm still getting up and out relatively early tomorrow. I have plans which include the grill with Bajan fish wrapped in foil with peppers, red onions, squash and potatoes all steeped in or stuffed with much butter and fresh herbs, corn on the cob and sauteed or grilled asparagus. While I'm at the grocery store, I need to stock up on cheeses, tasty crackers, my favorite fruits and yogurt (also toilet paper, but that's another post). I am determined to take better care of myself and improve my diet a bit. Foods I love are a big part of the sensory experience so I'm not turning macrobiotic or anything radical.

So this evening, after returning from an eventful "linner" at my local greasy spoon, I've read over some things I really enjoyed while I gave myself a pedicure and manicure, hand and elbow treatments and very satisfying shower. I also masturbated to one of the most intense orgasms I've ever had. (Gee, so all I need is a nice, middle-aged woman with a desire to watch and learn then do...not too tall an order, do you think?)

I might watch The World Cup tomorrow, over my Bajan fish. The hometown Germany will face Italy. I think I'll have to root for Germany.

I'm taking these two days entirely for paying attention to me and what I desire. A Germany win would be a bonie.

Technorati tags: life / self-awareness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home