No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Philly Area Congressional Races

As you may know, I've been closely watching the House and Senate races across the country with particular interest in the Philadelphia area. I regularly check on the most recent polls via Electoral-Vote.com. I also heard today that Slate has a political barometer called the Election Scorecard which reflects the poll results for the midterm races. If you follow Tennessee Guerilla Women at all you'll know how key and close the Senate races in Tennessee and Virginia are. Yes, I'm partisan. I'm not paid for this so I get to say whatever I like.

You'll get to play around at those sites before me because I have only 15 minutes now before I have to get in the shower for work.

Here are yesterday's results from Electoral-Vote.com on key House races in my area:

Dist...Democrat... Republican.. Date Length ......Poll by
PA-06 Lois Murphy Jim Gerlach* Oct 10 3 52% 46% RT Strategies
PA-06 Lois Murphy Jim Gerlach* Oct 02 8 43% 41% Zogby
PA-06 Lois Murphy Jim Gerlach* Sep 25 5 41% 44% Keystone Poll
PA-06 Lois Murphy Jim Gerlach* Aug 29 3 50% 45% RT Strategies
PA-06 49% 51% 2004 Election
Dist....Democrat.....Republican.. Date Length .......Poll by
PA-07 Joseph Sestak Curt Weldon* Oct 10 3 52% 44% RT Strategies
PA-07 Joseph Sestak Curt Weldon* Sep 27 6 45% 44% Keystone Poll
PA-07 40% 59% 2004 Election
Dist...Democrat........Republican.. ..Date Length .........Poll by
PA-08 Patrick Murphy Mike Fitzpatrick* Aug 29 3 45% 53% RT Strategies
PA-08 43% 55% 2004 Election
* = incumbent

In today's Philadelphia Inquirer, the headline story was that of the FBI probe into possible improprieties by Curt Weldon, the ten-term Republican Congressman from a heavily Republican township in Delaware County. It'll be interesting to see what the next poll shows for the seventh district with these new allegations of ethics violations against Weldon. Of course, he's painting it as a Democratic smear campaign and "dirty, partisan politics at its absolute worst.

Yeah...and Nancy Pelosi was responsible for leaking the Foley e-mails and IM conversations last month, too. Can't they just accept that their chickens are coming home to roost.

I have a feeling it's going to be a whole new world come November 8th.

I've got more to post but duty calls, again. I might expand this post after work.

Happy Tuesday!

tags: political scandal / Republicans / Joe Sestak / US politics / Curt Weldon

8 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Hmmmm what to say today? Ummmmmm? Ahhhhhhh? Aw crap I have nothing today :)

Love Yvonne

17/10/06 6:11 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

It's alright, Von...I don't expect Aussies to comment on the political posts any more than I could knowledgably comment about your politics outside of the fact that Howard seems an asshole cut in Bush cloth!

I'm so sorry!

17/10/06 11:05 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Lol. Arsehols cut in Bush cloth. I LIKE that. Must forward that tagline to the media. Snicker snort chuckle. Yep there's my much needed cheryl-ly goodness for the day. Thank you. Do you realise how much I need the smile you give me nearly everyday?

Love Yvonne

18/10/06 1:02 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Ok from now on I am going to develop a voluntary condition where I am able to ignore all published spelling or grammar errors as though they dont exist. How kelly must CRINGE when she reads my messages ;-)

18/10/06 1:03 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I know what it is. I cant see my mistakes cause I'm not getting LAID! And apparently playing with myself ACTUALLY does make you go BLIND!

PMSFL

Love Yvonne

18/10/06 1:05 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yvonne...I am living disproof of that theory. I still see fine.

; )

18/10/06 9:14 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

OH. Maybe you only go blind if you do it with your eyes open? LOL

Love Yvonne

19/10/06 6:18 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I wouldn't know, Von. I've never been able to keep my eyes open, just like when I sneeze.

20/10/06 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home