No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Foley is "Gay"

Egalia has a great post up over on Tennessee Guerilla Women about the significance of Mark Foley and his attorney claiming Foley is "a gay man." For me, a real "gay man" is not someone who is primarily interested in peripubescent boys, but, whatever. Great post, great site. Go check out TGW!

Well, didn't we all know it was going to happen? Here's what I had to say to Egalia:
Oh, you knew darn well it would come to this, didn't you? My first thought was, "He's going to claim he's gay then the gayness can be the scapegoat." Because if you can get the people fired up about the abuses of a gay man, it's not quite as outrageous as the abuses of a "normal" man. I didn't know he'd throw in alcohol and priest abuse as well.

The thing that scares "the people" most is the thought of gay people. That's why they were out in droves in 2000 and 2004. That's why I thought it was such a grave mistake for GLBT groups to push for marriage equality in 2000.


So, if you blame the gayness then that explains why he was so evil and devious, devious enough to hide the cruel facts from his bosses. You know how those fags are.

I knew it was going to happen but it still makes me sick.

And, yes...what other purpose could this "list" of staffers and aides who are gay serve?

"It's the gays! It's the gays!"

Mmmm...yup. That pretty much sums it up for me. This whole affair has had me feeling on the verge of vomiting for days. The stench! And it takes a lot to gross out an ER nurse.

I have stolen baldfacedly and shamelessly from the marvelous Egalia so do me a favor, will ya? Go read her, and read the rest of TGW. And please think about supporting their efforts.

(Click the pic! Click the pic!)

tags: Foleygate / Tennessee Guerilla Women / US House of Representatives / US politics

2 Comments:

Blogger Da Nator said...

Amen. However, it's not the only excuse that Foley and friends have been grasping at. He's also been saying he's an alcoholic who was molested as a child by a clergymand.

Did you see The Daily Show's treatment last night? Great riff on "oh, this happened to him, so he must not be responsible for his actions." Funny stuff.

5/10/06 9:59 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yes, I noticed the booze and buggery claims, too. It must be nice to have all responsibility magically lifted from ones shoulders. Too bad that's never an option for us peons, hmmm?

'Fraid I missed The Daily Show. I am, unfortunately, addicted to NPR and am rarely able to turn on the television as a result. But I do enjoy Stewart's and Colbert's video clips!

Thanks for stopping by!

5/10/06 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home