No Ordinary Princess

...anything but ordinary...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Photo Blogging 23 July 2006

Just a few interesting photos I've taken recently. Remember, I am about the composition, not the techniques, at least in my "photography."

Bl
ack and White. My Sadie (right) and the downstairs neighbor, Tino, about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Tino is now a little bigger than Sadie (who's 65 pounds).



This is an unusual woman who lives in my apartment complex. I haven't gotten
her permission to photograph her and blog about it so I've chosen to shoot from a distance. She goes out every day. I often see her on the bench in the center of 'town' chatting with a friend. She carries binoculars and a folding chair around and watches the planes take off from the airport. She seems to know the schedules. Unusual.






This is one of the reasons I love it so much here. There are massive trees on the property and in the surrounding woods. I loved the formation of the clouds as well, though the picture does them no real justice.










My Sadie, looking morose. I must be heading out the door for brunch or something.





A picture I took the other night of an interesting double cherry. Since the cherry twins didn't get highlighted, I decided to play around a bit with Picasa's effects. I haven't experimented with them much. I like the swirl of cigarette smoke on the right. Looks like these are two cherries who've been around the block a bit.





Sadie's Money Shot:

Sadie putting on her most absolutely irresistable face trying to lure Mom away from the damned laptop. Softened up a bit with more subtle Picasa effects. Is it any wonder I call her Hyena Dog?





Thanks for peeking.

Technorati tag: life

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Sadie is still irresistable, i love what you are doing with the pics! I'm reading every blog, but dont say much as I dont understand very much of what you are discussing.

Love Yvonne

24/7/06 6:19 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Awww, thanks, Von! And stop putting yourself down...you're smarter than you let on. Besides, I wouldn't know much about Aussie life and politics, either.

xoxox

24/7/06 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home